Getting your sexy on in Las Vegas
Las Vegas has many stimulating sides from the strip's sexy glitz, glamour, and girls to the seedier sex of brothels, street-hawking, card-snapping girl-vendors and legalized prostitution. Unlike the seedier, raunchy side of Vegas, the Vegas strip is the tease and showgirls, the sequins and strip-tease. Top-notch shows reside on Las Vegas Blvd. - Bally's Jubilee, MGM's Crazy Horse Paris, and New York, New York's Zumanity - meant to excite and tease you and your partner with cabaret, burlesque and a bit of kink!
This week, we'll be indulging our Vegas obsession with a close look at our three favorites. Take a seat at any of these shows and prepare for some fun together ...
Jubilee ~ Headdresses and teacups
I've been looking forward to experiencing a showgirl cabaret extravaganza for as long as I can recall. If you are looking for the glitz, glamour and music of an authentic topless showgirl revue (28 years) - Donn Arden's Julilee at Bally's has to be on your tour wishlist. Costumes are rhinestone sequined (and extremely skimpy), there's red feather fans (oh what a number), and extravagant head-dressed creations totally over the top.
In true Vegas style, the description of the costumes state that headdresses weigh up to 35 lb yet the rest of their costume can fit in a teacup (Oh my!).The dance numbers range from re-enactments of the downfall of Samson by Delilah, their exclusive Sinking of the Titanic to topless dancing showgirls, showgirls, showgirls! The magnificent stage is used wholly from side to side, with girls occasionally hanging from the ceiling, to hidden backdrops and stairways revealing beautiful girls everywhere (did I mention the beautiful men with the showgirls?).
As a true topless revue that has hosted the Rat Pack greats of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr. and many thousands of us hoping to catch the spirit of Las Vegas, Jubilee at Bally's is one show that should not be missed if dancing showgirls and over-the-top headdresses and skimpy costumes in the old Las Vegas style has been on your wishlist. My partner and I deeply enjoyed the show and everything beautiful on stage.
Jubilee tips and tricks
- While the front table/booth seating is very close to the stage to see the costume's missing details, sitting in rows A-D will give you a wider panorama view to enjoy ALL the details!
- Grab a drink before the show begins as there is no inside service. Each seat is fitted with a cupholder for your larger-than-a-teacup beverage.
- Make sure you can see all sides of the theatre stage as activity is in every corner requiring your attention.
- Showtimes are 7:30 and 10:30 each night except Fridays (Dark night - closed). Non-topless show only on Saturday at 7:30 for 13 and older.
- Acrobats, performers, and drummers entertain as sets are changed out - and they're just as entertaining.
- Plan a washroom break before entering the show, there are none in the theatre and going into the casino means you'll miss part of the show.
Check out other reviews on Donn Ardens Jubilee at Trip Advisor. To order tickets online, head to the Bally's online Box Office. Join in on the conversation with Bally's Facebook or Twitter feed to see the current topics.
The best parts of Vegas are glitzy, sexy and fun. Check out our sexy show series with reviews of Las Vegas' Jubilee, Crazy Horse Paris and Zumanity! Just remember, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" so take your partner to the sexy side of Vegas and let YOUR sexy out!
To comply with the long list of regulating bodies, possibly even Geneva Conventions, our Jubilee experience was sponsored by the Bally’s media group, but the commentary and perspectives are those of GoGirlfriend.